Banana walnut cookies are a delightful treat that combines the sweetness of ripe bananas with the crunch of walnuts. These gluten-free vegan banana walnut cookies are a delicious option for individuals with diabetes or weightloss.
These banana walnut cookies are lower in sugar as we are using sugar from a natural source (stevia). Also, we use roasted oats flour for added fiber, making them a better option for individuals with diabetes.
Gluten-free vegan banana walnut cookies can offer some health benefits compared to traditional cookies. Here are some mentioned below:
- Gluten-Free: These cookies are suitable for individuals with gluten sensitivity. Consuming gluten when you have such conditions can lead to digestive issues, so here we are using gluten-free flour.
- Plant-Based: Vegan cookies exclude animal products, making them a perfect choice for those following a vegan diet. Vegan diets are associated with lower risks of heart disease and certain types of cancer.
- High in Fiber: Banana and walnuts are good sources of dietary fiber. Fiber can help regulate blood sugar levels, support digestive health, and contribute to a feeling of fullness.
- Walnuts’ Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Walnuts are a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, which have anti-inflammatory properties and can benefit heart health.
- Natural Sweeteners: Stevia is a natural sweetener derived from the leaves of the stevia plant. This sweetener has several health benefits, including low blood sugar and cholestrol levels. This can help stabilize blood sugar levels and reduce sugar spikes and crashes.
Banana walnut cookies for diabetes ( gluten-free, vegan)
- Big bowl
- 1 cup roasted oats flour
- 2 bananas mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp stevia powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Firstly, in a bowl, add roasted oats flour, baking soda, salt, stevia and cinnamon powder.
- Secondly, in a mixing bowl combine the mashed bananas and vanilla. Mix until well blended.
- Gradually, add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture, stirring until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Now, fold in the chopped walnuts.
- Finally, drop spoonfuls of the cookie dough onto the baking tray with a parchment sheet, leaving some space between each cookie.
- Now, bake in the preheated oven at 180 degrees celsius for approximately 12-15 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden.
- At last, allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely
- Firstly, you can use nuts and berries as per your choice and limit allowed.
- Secondly, you can also use dried apricots and cocoa powder.
- Thirdly, you can also use amaranth flour (1/2 cup oats flour & 1/2 cup amaranth flour)
- Or, you can use whole wheat flour if you don’t have any other flour.
- Today, in my banana walnut cookies, I have added a crunch of sugar-free chocolate chips to give extra crunch. 😛