Diwali is just round the corner and no celebration is complete without sweets. And that will be more awesome when you know that kids are going to love the sweet you are making. 😉
Chocolate Burfi | How to make Chocolate Burfi | 20 minute recipe
- 2 Pans
- 2 Spatulas for mixing
- 1 flat spatula for setting the Burfi
- 3/4 Cup Maida / All purpose flour
- 3/4 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Ghee
- Take Ghee in a big pan. When it is sufficiently hot, add Maida and cocoa powder in it.
- Stir vigorously to mix the two properly.
- Saute at low heat for around 5-7 minutes or till the raw smell of maida goes.
- Remove it in a separate plate.
- Take a heavy bottom pan, add sugar and water (around 1/4 cup) in it.
- Allow it to boil to form a single string consistency. To check, take a small drop of the syrup between your fingers, a single string should form when you pull your finger apart.
- Turn off the flame.
- Add cooked maida, cocoa powder mixture.
- Mix vigorously. Keep stirring till the mixture thickens and starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- On the other hand, grease a tray with ghee. Pour )the mixture on the plate.
- Spread and smoothen with a flat spatula.
- Allow this to set for 5 minutes. Using a sharp knife, cut into squares or diamonds as per your wish.
- And…. your yummy, mouth licking and very quick Chocolate Burfi is ready to serve. Garnish it with sliced dry fruits.
- Firstly, this recipe already is made with minimum ingredients. So, no variation in the ingredients.
- But, You can adjust the quantities of the ingredients. Like, quantities of Cocoa Powder and Sugar can be adjusted according to your taste.
- Secondly, don’t overcook the sugar syrup. Otherwise, it will make your barfi hard.
- Finally, please don’t replace ghee with oil. Because ghee adds a very rich flavour to the Barfi.
Here I am sharing the easy and quick recipe of Chocolate burfi with minimal ingredients. So, it is the time to impress your family and friends. Also, it is more touching and connecting when you gift something homemade to your friends on this Diwali. 🙂