I, myself has grown up eating atte ka halwa and now, I in my kitchen cook it very often. As, my kids love it too. Every punjabi kid can relate to it. It takes 5 minutes to make a mouth-licking, daanedaar wheat halwa. Atta halwa is a pudding made with Atta, Sugar and ghee as 3 basic ingredients. It is an easy to cook and quick dessset, which takes no time to make it.
The 3 main ingredients-
- atta(wheat flour)– wheat flour used to make chapatis/ rotis.
- ghee -always present in indian houses. indian people, specially, punjabis have some special place for ghee in their hearts. 😉
It can be kadah parshda or simple Atte ka halwa (which we make in our homes) both are made with same ingredients with a different technique. Here, we will discuss how can we make atte ka halwa with a trick with which you can make daanedaar atta halwa.
Atta halwa recipe | Atte ka halwa in 1 pot | Wheat Halwa recipe
- Thick bottom pan or kadahi
- 1 bowl Atta/ Wheat flour
- 1 bowl Sugar
- 1 bowl Melted desi ghee
- 2 spoons Cashew nuts/ kaju
- 2 spoons Almonds
- 2 spoons Pistachio/ Pista
- Firstly, dry roast the atta in the kadhai at low heat for 5 minutes.
- Take out roasted atta on a plate or bowl. Add melted ghee in the kadhai.
- Finally, add dry nuts. Fry them for 2 minutes or till the color changes to golden.
- Take them out on a plate. Chop them roughly.
- In the same ghee, add roasted atta.
- Mix properly so that there are no lumps. Keep stirring.
- Roast it till it gets aromatic (it will take around 6-7 minutes). Slowly, add water. Mix well so that there are no lumps in the mixture.
- Finally, add sugar. Mix vigorously. The consistency of halwa will again become liquidy after adding sugar. Again cook of another 2-3 minutes.
- Cook it till it leaves the ghee.
- In the end, add chopped dry nuts. Mix well.
- Finally, garnish it with chopped nuts and serve hot.
- The trick is to roast the atta before cooking it in ghee. This makes the halwa daanedaar.
- secondly, cook atta in ghee properly, till the color changes to a little darker. If it is not done, the raw taste will be there.
- Thirdly, after adding water you should stir it vigorously to dissolve all the lumps.
- at the end, cook it till it leaves ghee.