White Sauce Pasta is the most loved pasta recipe especially kids because of the reason that it is creamy. Also, it is the most quickest and the easiest recipe to follow. You can add as many vegetables as you like to make it more colourful.
White Sauce Pasta
White Sauce Pasta is all-time kids favourite dish and elders too. Yummy mouth licking creamy pasta recipe which is loved plain and also with different vegetables like mushrooms, bell peppers (green, yellow, red), corns, broccoli or as many you want to add. You can have this White sauce pasta in snacks, breakfast, dinner or even in tiffin for your kids to school.
- Sauce Pan-2
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Penne Pasta / normal pasta
For white Sauce
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Plain Flour (Maida)/ Wheat Flour
- 3-4 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Cup Milk
- Red Bell Pepper
- or any other vegetables available
Whole wheat pasta is always a great healthy choice. I have used whole wheat penne in this White Sauce Pasta recipe, however, you can use any pasta of your choice.
Classic Pasta is the one without veggies. You can add as many veggies of your taste as you want. We will prepare both today.
Preparing White Sauce
- Heat butter in the sauce pan.
- Firstly, add crushed garlic. Cook till the raw smell of garlic goes away.
- Secondly, add maida or plain flour in it. Cook it till the cooked aroma start coming from it.
- Finally, Pour one cup cold milk in the sauce pan. Pour the milk with one hand and stir the sauce with other hand so that no lumps can form.
- Stir continuously with the help of whisk when milk heats up.
- Keep the flame low, the sauce starts thickening.
- Additionally, if you want the sauce to be more creamy you can add Cheddar cheese.
- Add a little of salt and oregano seasoning to it.
- Firstly, take 4 cups of water in a pan and allow it to boil.
- Secondly, add 1 tsp salt and 1 tbsp oil in it.
- When the water comes to boil add pasta in it.
- Cook pasta on medium heat.
- When pasta gets cooked, strain pasta with the help of a strainer.
Mixing Boiled pasta with white sauce
- Finally, mix the boiled pasta with the prepared white sauce.
- Give it a good mix.
- Yipeeee….. you Classic White Sauce Pasta is ready
- Firstly, take a little butter in a pan.
- When bubbles start forming in butter add sliced vegetables of your choice. You can vegetables like broccoli, zucchini, mushrooms, baby corns, corns, bell peppers (red, yellow or green), beans etc.
- Secondly, add salt and oregano seasoning in it.
- Saute on high flame for 2-3 mins till the raw taste of vegetables goes away.
Mixing Vegetables with the prepared pasta
- Ultimately, add these saute vegetables along with the boiled pasta to the white sauce.
- Mix them gently.
- And, we are done. our colourful and healthy Vegetable White Sauce Pasta is ready to serve.
Garnish with oregano seasoning or parsley or with the Cheddar Cheese.
This quick and easy White Sauce Pasta recipe is worth trying. You can make the classic white sauce pasta and also vegetable pasta. With very fewer ingredients, you can make a mouth licking recipe which your kids will love. My daughters love this White Sauce Pasta. You can use Whole Wheat Pasta or Durum Wheat Pasta to make it more healthy. Some points to take care:
- Firstly, you can use Whole Wheat pasta instead of all-purpose flour pasta
- Secondly, while making the white sauce you can use wheat flour in place of all-purpose flour.
- Thirdly, you should not brown the wheat/ all-purpose flour. It should be golden only.
- Moreover, you have to stir the sauce continuously after adding milk to avoid lump formation.
- Additionally, the sauce gets thicken after turning off the flame, so adjust the consistency accordingly.
- You should not over boil the pasta otherwise it will break when we will mix the cooked pasta with the white sauce.
- Finally, sauteed vegetables are preferred over raw vegetables because it will definitely enhance the flavour of veggies.
- Moreover, please do not overcook the vegetables. They taste awesome when crunchy.
- You can add Cheddar cheese in while preparing the white sauce if you want it more creamy.
- Also, you can skip the Cheddar cheese if you want the pasta to be healthy.
- Lastly, please don’t skip the garlic. It will give the awesomely tasty flavour to the pasta.