Amritsari Nutri Soya Chunks is a very famous Punjabi Masala dish which is very tempting, additionally, a great source of proteins. There are so many recipes with which Nutri Soya Chunks are made but the method which we are following now is the easiest way yet very delicious.
Amritsari Nutri Soya Chunks/ Masala Soya Chunks
- Fry pan to boil soya chunks
- 2Pans (1 for boiling Soya Chunks and other for boiling tea)
- 1 cup Nutri Soya chunks
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 onion
- 2 tomatoes (to be blended along with 2 green chillies, Ginger and garlic)
- 2+1 green chillies
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 tbsp Dhania Powder/ Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Degi Mirch
- 1/2 tsp Haldi/ turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Aamchur/ Dry mango Powder
- Salt to taste
Some Additional ingredients
- 1 tbsp Tea (for colouring)
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 3 tbsp Cooking oil
Boiling Nutri Soya Chunks
- Firstly, add around 3 cups of water in a fry pan and allow it to boil.
- After boiling, add 1 tsp salt and mix well.
- In a pan, add cooking oil. On heating, add cumin seeds.
- When they crackle, add chopped onion in it.
- Secondly, add tomatoes blended mix (tomatoes, green chillies, garlic cloves and ginger).
- Now, it is the time for the secret ingredient and which is Baking Soda. A pinch of baking soda will give that beautiful and tempting colour along with super delicious market taste.
Adding dry masalas
- At last, add salt to taste. Because, adding salt speeds up the cooking duration of tomatoes
- Finally, it is time to add all the dry masalas. When you cook it properly, the colour of the soya chunks gravy turned out to be so tempting.
Adding Soya Chunks
- Ultimately, add boiled Nutri soya chunks.
- Consecutively, in another pan take 2 cups of water. On boiling, add 1 tbsp tea in it.
- keep it boiling for 2-3 mins till the colour of the tea is extracted in water.
- Add this tea water in the pan with soya chunks.
- Lastly, cover the pan with the lid and allow it to cook for 5 mins.
- In the end, Give it a good mix.
Andd…. yesss… your healthy Amritsari Soya chunks or Masala Soya Chunks are ready…
Garnish with slit green chillies and julienned ginger.
You can serve Spicy Amritsari Nutri Soya Chunks or Masala Soya Chunks with Kulchas or with Rumali Roti.
- Firstly, make sure that soya chunks are cooked well because otherwise, you will taste a raw flavour on eating.
- Secondly, please rinse the boiled soya chunks under running normal water.
- Thirdly, Blend tomatoes, green chillies, ginger and garlic into a fine paste.
- Most importantly, add tea boiled water in soya chunks for cooking and please do not add extra water other than that…. Otherwise, your Masala Soya Chunks will be very liquidy and definitely, you will miss some flavours.
- Finally, squeeze soya chunks before adding to the tadka.