Tasty moong dal parathas for your breakfast with the leftover moong dal of night. The breakfast which gets ready in only 5 minutes. The easy and healthy option for tiffin of your kids.
Moong Dal Paratha
- Big bowl to knead the dough
- Tava (Griddle)
- Spatula to flip paratha
To knead the dough
- 1 cup Atta (wheat flour)
- 1 cup Leftover Moong dal (yellow dal)
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 1 tsp Jeera
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
- Salt to taste
Knead the dough
- Mix all the ingredients to knead the soft dough.
- If needed then only add a little water otherwise dal is only enough to knead the dough.
- Allow it to rest for 10 mins.
- Firstly, take a ball of dough and roll it into atta or wheat flour.
- Place it on a surface and start rolling.
- We are making parathas in square shape. You can make in any shape of your choice.
- For that, firstly, apply ghee on all over the paratha and fold 1/3 part of it.
- Again, fold the other 1/3 part of it.
- Repeat applying ghee and fold 1/3 part of it.
- And again fold the other 1/3 portion of it.
- Sprinkle a little bit of flour on it and start rolling in 7inch square paratha.
Frying the paratha
- Firstly, Heat the griddle.
- Secondly, apply some ghee on it.
- Now, transfer the paratha on the griddle (tava).
- Cook until you see some bubbles on the paratha.
- And then flip it.
- Similarly, cook other also and flip.
- Drizzle desi ghee or oil on the top side and flip.
- Likewise on the other side.
- Cook and flip the paratha too and fro until brown spots appear on both sides.
- Your yellow dal or moong dal paratha is ready to serve.
It goes awesome with white butter and curd. You can also serve them with chutney por gravy.
- Firstly, while kneading the dough, please check with the amount of salt you are adding because salt is added while making the dal too.
- Secondly, avoid using excess of water. Rather, it will taste best if you knead the dough with dal itself. Also, it will make the dough super soft.
- Thirdly, you can make parathas of any shape you or your kids want.
- Finally, if you use desi ghee rather than oil your paratha will taste much better.