Nargisi Kofta Curry is a well known Mughlai cuisine. Nargisi Koftas are originally, made with minced meat covered on the boiled eggs. Here, I am sharing the vegetarian form of that.
Mughlai cuisine itself is super rich and full of aromatic flavors. A perfect blend of richness with spices. The Shahi Mughlai dishes are well known for their non vegetarian specialties. Its Paneer / vegetarian version is also super great for special dinner parties.
Veg Nargisi koftas are mouth watering and a perfect choice for special occasions.
Veg Nargisi Kofta Curry | Nargisi kofta | Mughlai kofta
- 2 mixing bowls
- 1 kadhai for frying
- 1 hard bottomed pan
- 50 gms Paneer grated
- 2 big potatoes boiled and grated
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder/ haldi
- 2 tbsp Corn Flour
- 2 tbsp Bread crumbs
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 Bay leaf
- 4-5 Cloves
- 1 inch Cinnamon stick
- 3-4 Whole black Pepper
- 2 Onions Boiled and Ground to paste
- 2 Tomatoed Blanched and pureed
- 1 tsp Ginger-garllic paste
- 1/2 t green chili paste
- 8-9 Cashews
- 1 tbsp Khus Khus
- 1 tbsp Melon Seeds
- 20 gms Milk warm
- 2 tbsp Fresh Cream
- 1/2 tsp Haldi powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves Chopped
- Soak cashewnuts, melon seeds and khus-khus in warm milk for atleast 30 minutes.
- Grind it to smooth paste. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add all the ingredients mentioned under Khade masala in it.
- Add onion paste, ginger-garlic paste and green chilli paste.
- Cook till it turns golden brown.
- Add pureed tomatoes.
- Cook till oil separates from the gravy. Add cashew paste.
- Add all the Sookhe masale and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add appropriate amount of water to make a thick gravy.
- Bring it to boil and cover it with lid. Let it cook for another 4-5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add cream and mix generously. Turn off the flame.
- Mash boiled potato.
- For outer layering of koftas, mix grated potatoes with a little salt and black pepper in it.
- For inner layering of koftas, take crushed paneer, mix it with a little salt and turmeric in it.
- Take a ball of potato stuffing, make a cavity in the center. Place the paneer stuffing in the center. Close it gently.
- Give it an oval shape of eggs gently.
- Make a slurry of corn flour and water. Dip these kofta eggs in in this slurry.
- Roll them in toasted bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and fry till golden brown.
- Add kofta balls in the serving bowl. Add gravy on top of it.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.
- Your yummy Veg Nargisi kofta curry is ready to serve.
- Serve it with naan, roti, lachcha paratha along with green chutney.
- As it is a Shahi Mughlai dish, it has a super rich gravy. So, Cashews, melon seeds and khus khus are important.
- Secondly, you can do some variations in koftas. You can add different veggies in boiled potatoes, if you want.
- Thirdly, the gravy should be of appropriate thickness. It should not be too watery.