Palak Soup Recipe is an easy, low calorie yet super tasty soup. I, personally, love soups during winter evenings. It is the yummiest way to include healthy greens in their diet. 😉
Palak/ Spinach is a great source of Vit. E. Palak soup is made using Palak / Spinach as the main ingredient. Adding a little gram flour, not only imparts a subtle sweetness in the soup but also helps in thickening the soup.
Palak Soup Recipe | Spinach Soup Recipe
- Deep pan
- 200 gms Palak / Spinach
- 3-4 pods Garlic
- 1 TejPatta / Bay Leaf
- 1 inch Ginger
- 2 tbsp Chopped onion
- 1 tbsp Besan
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper crushed
- Salt to taste
- Firstly, rinse palak leaves very well in running water. Chop them roughly.
- Heat oil in pan, add 1 tej patta and saute for 4-5 seconds.
- Then add roughly chopped ginger and garlic in it. Allow it saute till aroma starts coming. Keep the flame low.
- Now, add 2 tbsp chopped onion.
- Cook till onions get cooked.
- Finally, add chopped palak.
- Stir properly. Now, add salt as required and crushed pepper.
- Add 1 tablespoon besan or gram flour. Mix well.
- Stir properly.
- Now, add around 2 cups of water and allow it to boil. Cook for 4-5 minutes on medium flame.
- Turn off the flame and allow the mixture to cool. Remove Tej patta.
- Blend the mixture with the help of a blender and make a smooth puree.
- Strain with the help of a strainer. Add more salt and pepper if required.
- Again cook this puree on low flame. Add milk and allow it to cook for 3-4 minutes. Stir occassionally.
- If the soup looks thick, you can add more water. Bring it to boil and cook.
- Your hot and healthy Palak soup is ready to serve. Garnish it with fresh cream. You can also garnish it either with grated paneer, cheese.