Mouth Licking biscuits made of wheat instead of refined flour (maida). These can be made with so many variations like almonds, cashews, ajwain or jeera.
Healthy Wheat Biscuits / Atta Biscuits
- 2 Bowls
- 1 cup Wheat Flour/ Atta
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter Room temperature
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking SodaPowderSoda
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder/ Elaichi
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 4 tbsp Milk
Let's make the dough first
- Firstly, Take Melted but not heated butter in a big bowl and add sugar in it.
- Beat the mix very well with a whisker.
- Secondly, in another bowl take all the dry ingredients like Flour, Salt, Baking Powder, Baking Soda and elaichi powder.
- Mix them very well with the help of a spoon.
Combining dry mix and the butter mix
- Combining the Mixes in both the bowls.
- Mix them properly using your hands.
- Finally, add Milk in the mix.
Kneading the dough
- Now using your hands knead the dough properly.
- The texture of the dough should be little crumbly.
Cutting cookies from the dough
- Now, flatten the dough with the help of a rolling pin.
- With the help of a cookie cutter of any desired shape, cut the cookies and keep aside.
- Again, use the leftover dough to make the cookies.
Setting biscuits on the tray
- Place the cut biscuits on the oven tray with the butter paper on it.
- Lastly, bake the biscuits in the preheated oven for 15 mins at 170 degrees. You can adjust your time till the edges turn golden.
- Allow the biscuits to cool down properly.
- Biscuits will be very soft if they are soft and get crunchy on getting cool.
Instant Atta Biscuits are ready to serve with evening tea.
You can store these biscuits in an air-tight container
- Whole Wheat biscuits or atta biscuits are very easy to make. Alternatively, you can use plain flour or maida in place of atta( Wheat flour).
- Additionally, you should use butter at room temperature and not use hot butter.
- Also, if you are using salted butter then please skip salt.
- And, you can add any flavours as required like jeera or ajwain.