Chilly Paneer is an Indo-Chinese dish which is made with many variations. In this, paneer cubes are fried and then cooked in a Chinese sauce. The gravy chilly paneer tastes great with noodles or fried rice.
Chilly Paneer with Gravy
- Pan for frying
- Pan for cooking
- Big bowl
- 250 gms Paneer
Batter for paneer cubes
- 3 tbsp Corn Starch
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
For making Chilly Paneer
- 1 tsp Garlic (Chopped)
- 1 tsp Ginger (Chopped)
- 1 cup Onion (Cubed and petals separated)
- 1/2 Cup Green Capsicum (Cubed)
- 1/2 Cup Carrot (Sliced)
- 2 Green chilli (Slit and deseeded)
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Chilly sauce
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tbsp Corn starch
- 1 tbsp Tomato ketchup (Optional)
- 2 tbsp Green Onions for garnishing (Optional)
- Salt to taste
- Cooking Oil
Batter for frying
- First of all, take a big bowl. Add Corn Starch, salt and black pepper, mix well. Add water, make a batter of runny consistency. It should not be too thick or too thin.
- Fry these paneer cubes on medium heat till golden brown.
- Take these fried paneer cubes in a separate plate.
- Firstly, take oil in a pan. Add finely chopped ginger and garlic. Cook till the raw smell and taste of both go away. Add chopped green chilly.
- Secondly, add carrots and saute for a minute. Now, add cubed capsicum and onion, keep the flame high.
- Next step is to make the dig in the centre with the help of the spatula. Add Soy sauce, vinegar, chilly garlic paste, tomato ketchup and salt.
- You can add tomato ketchup if you want a sweet and tangy taste. If you want it spicier, you can skip it.
- Cook for 1 minute. Add 2 cups of water and bring it to boil.
- Alternatively, take cornflour in a small bowl add 3-4 tbsp of water. Mix well.
- Add this cornflour slurry in the pan. Allow it to boil. Corn Starch added will help to thicken the gravy.
- Add black pepper powder. Mix well.
- Finally, add fried paneer cubes to the gravy.
- Yippeee… our Chi;;y Paneer with gravy is ready to serve. Garnish with onion greens before serving.
- Firstly, while making batter for frying you can use half plain flour or maida along with corn starch.
- Secondly, the batter should not be too thick or too thin.
- The paneer cubes should be fried till golden brown.
- Thirdly, the capsicum and onion cubes should not be overcooked. They will taste best if they have the crunch in them.
- Additionally, you can add more vegetables of your choice.
- Most importantly, the whole cooking of chilly paneer should be done on high flame. That is why it takes 5 minutes to complete the cooking.
- You can make it less spicy by skipping green chillies and black pepper powder.